Rest in peace Daddy! I will forever miss you.

Sunday, February 13

AIGA Pre-Portfolio Review

The review was a very long day. I learned a lot of things. AIGA members split up into groups and we toured different design studios. I visited the studios of: Hint CreativeModern 8Axis 41, & Infinite Scale Design. It was very interesting to see, each one had their own feel. It was a great experience to talk to the owners of the firm. We did a lot of walking around and like an idiot I wore heels (I wanted to look nice!) so I was really pooped by the end of the day.

The review was ok. There were students from the U, Utah State, BYU and Arts Institute (and of course WSU). It was cool to see the different kind of styles. The first hour we went around and the students checked off each portfolio's two strongest pieces. Mine was not what I thought it was going to be. Then they had a photographer come and talk to us about photographing our portfolios. I was not aware of doing this. I don't think a lot of students from WSU were. My professor stated that it did look nice but they all lack concepts. Then for the last few hours we broke up into groups of designers and students. At first I felt pretty good about my personal identity but they said they weren't feeling it. They said that my name is significant on it's own and that I should use that...








No comments:

Post a Comment